domingo, 31 de enero de 2010

Palaeolithic In Region Of Murcia


Although in recent years has been recovered some evidence to show the human presence in the Region of Murcia, at least 300,000 years ago, the remains are most abundant in the Middle Palaeolithic or Mousterian (100.000-32.000 BC) when the type was the predominant human Neanderthals, found in Cabezo Gordo (Torre Pacheco) or La Encarnación (Caravaca). In recent years there have been important remains of Upper Paleolithic cave art in Cieza three cavities called George Cave, Cave of the Goats and the Body Ar. I and II.
Also, the Region of Murcia is one of the most privileged areas of the Peninsula in post-Paleolithic rock art manifestations. (Source: Region de Murcia Digital)
The photo I made in the Archaeological Museum of Murcia, and they are tools (made of stone) found in the Region.

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

I love the search of early ancestors. We have some very early stone tools here but related to Native Americans. I have found, stone hammers and arrow heads made from flint.

I like the Neanderthals because they put up with some harsh conditions that the humans did not have to at that time. I see some people today with the large eye ridge brows and the large noses and the short, stocky, build and even though they say there is no Neanderthal DNA in the human population, there must be some in these people I have seen walking around.

I also, very much, like your visit to the archeological museum to learn more about the people who once lived in your Region of Murcia and the Paleolithic cave art in Cieza.

You learned something and shared it with me. Thanks for that.

MurciaDailyPhoto dijo...

Mr Abe, thank you very much for leaving your comment. I think that we have to learn from our ancestors to learn about our future.